4 Days Sirimon Route
Sirimon Route Of mt.Kenya is much more scenic and it is on the drier side of the mountain which offers some of the finest walking. Climb up through forest into a wide ridge approach to the summit area. The route starts on the northwest side of the mountain near Nanyuki. Access is adequate and the bunk house facilities are the best on this side of the mountain.
DAY 1:Nairobi/Nanyuki/Old Moses
Departure from Nairobi at 0700 hrs from your hotel and transfer to Nanyuki arriving after 3 hours. Later transfer to Sirimon gate and hike to Old Moses camp for overnight (3300m), 3 to 4 hrs hikes (9kms).
Old Moses camp is where you acclimatize as you also come across different vegetation.
DAY 2 :Old Moses – Shiptons
After breakfast Hike to Shipton’s camp (4200m )through Liki and Makinders valley for overnight (6 to 8 hrs hikes) 17
Day 3 : Shipton Camp/Point Lenana/Judmaier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 9-10hrs, 21km
Leave at 3am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving point Lenana at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs. After the sunrise, descend down to Shipton Camp, 2hrs, for breakfast and further, 4hrs, down to Old Moses Camp for dinner and overnight, B,L,D
Day 4: Judamaier Camp (Old moses) / Sirimon/Nairobi 2-3hrs, 9km
After breakfast, walk down through the rainforest for 2 hours to connect with your transport vehicle back to Nairobi.
Tour Cost Includes:
• Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
• Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
• Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
• Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled
• Treated water on the trek
• On completion, successful climb Certificate
• Start and finish Nairobi
Tour Cost excludes:
• Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
• International flights
• Visas to Kenya
• Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary